FREE CPE Event:
Accountants One, Arnall Golden Gregory and Bravaldo Capital Advisors present:
Panel Discussion on Mergers and Acquisitions: Selling a Closely-Held Business
Please join us at the law offices of Arnall Golden Gregory on Thursday, May 12th for this outstanding opportunity to learn from specialists that have combined experience in hundreds of successful transactions helping closely-held businesses do the things to prepare for sale and optimize profits.
- Key steps to make a company attractive for acquisition.
- Options available to help facilitate the sale.
- Common issues that derail M&A transactions.
- How tax laws and credit markets affect M&A transactions.
- Key things for owners and families to consider before and after the sale.
We have assembled a true All-Star panel of experts that will specifically address the challenges of dealing with private companies and preparing a private company for sale. Our panel includes experts in:
- Private equity
- Mergers & Acquisitions & Corporate Finance Advisory
- Strategic Acquirer, Business Development Officer and Head of M&A
- Legal expert on corporate / securities law and succession planning
Bob Dow, CPA, Partner with Arnall Golden Gregory, Vice Chair of Corporate Practice Group
- 20+ years experience focused on M&A transactions, venture capital/private equity and public offerings.
- Private and public experience as a Big 4 auditor and corporate controller prior to joining Arnall Golden Gregory.
- Advises both public and private companies on corporate governance and compliance.
Don Bravaldo, CPA, Managing Partner with Bravaldo Capital Advisors
- Leader of a boutique, Atlanta-based Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Finance Advisory Firm.
- Excellent reputation based on years of providing extensive M&A and Corporate Finance services to closely held companies.
- 10 years of Big 4 and large public accounting firm experience prior to M&A career.
Bert Mills, Managing Partner with Moore Colson
- Has extensive experience in buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory for closely-held businesses, private equity groups (PEGs) and PEG owned businesses.
- Expertise in tax planning for C and S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and individuals; representation before the IRS; estate and financial planning; succession planning for closely held businesses and their owners; corporate structuring and restructuring; and stock option planning.
- Named Partner-in-Charge of the Moore Colson Tax Practice in 1993 and since then has built a team of creative tax professionals dedicated to service and client advocacy.
BJ Green, Senior Vice President and Commercial Banking Team Manager for SunTrust Bank in the Atlanta Division
- BJ’s team focuses on companies in the food and beverage, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, goods and equipment, and energy sectors.
- Joined the SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc. in 2007 in the syndicated and leveraged finance department before joining oil and gas investment banking in 2013.
- B.S. in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and an MBA from the Goizueta Business School at Emory University.
Steve Keaveney, CPA, CFO with international experience
- Extensive experience as a CFO leading buy-side and sell-side transactions.
- Experience with “take private” acquisitions, LBOs, and private equity transactions.
- Bachelors from Villanova University; MBA from Pepperdine; worked with Deloitte in NYC.
Bart McLean, Co-Founder, MSouth Equity Partners
- Extensive experience in private equity since 1983 with dozens of transactions.
- Co-Founded MSouth Equity Partners in 2007 and helped build them into one of Atlanta’s top rated private equity firms investing in and acquiring lower middle market companies.
- B.S. from the University of Delaware and an MBA from Indiana University.
Thursday, May 12th
Registration/Breakfast at 7:30 am; Panel Discussion 8:00 to 10:00 am
Law offices of Arnall Golden Gregory
171 17th Street NW
Atlanta, GA. 30363
To register for this event click Register here