The Objective of a Resume is to get an Interview!
These are just a few of Accountants One’s suggested tips for a resume.
- Be concise – limit resume to 2 pages
- Use the Bullet Format – this is easy to read
- Avoid fancy fonts (typefaces) and page layouts
- Tailor your resume to the job description you are responding to — highlight important points or words, particularly those contained in the job description.
- Be clear in your writing; do not assume the reader will know what you mean. Do not include an “objective” at the top of your resume. This is risky, particularly if your objective is different than the job description or that of the reader’s.