A prominent Atlanta professional services firm is looking for a strategic Controller / VP of Finance to oversee their accounting department and provide strategic leadership and direction of its finance and accounting functions.
Responsibilities include supervision of Accounting staff, general ledger, financial statements, partner compensation, reporting, banking, budgeting, billing, cash receipts, payroll, accounts payable, administration of retirement and cafeteria plans. Reports to the Managing Partner.
- Oversee accounting department (and function) and professional development of its staff, currently made up of 5 full time employees and 1 part-time employee whose responsibilities include billing, collections, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and accounting management.
- Establish and monitor internal controls and drive forward-thinking process improvement within the department.
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager to review G/L for accuracy and compliance to firm policies and accounting principles.
- Monitor A/R balances and Cash Receipts.
- Prepare strategic and financial analyses of operations, budgets, forecasts, and cash flow; act as a trusted strategic advisor to firm’s Managing Partner and Executive Committee regarding the firm’s financial position.
- Review monthly financial statements and management reports for accuracy prior to distribution to partnership.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Ten years of supervisory experience in an accounting or finance department.
- Professional services firm experience required. Law firm experience is highly preferred.
- Previous experience with accounting software conversion and/or implementation a plus.
- Financial assistance for relocation will be considered for the right qualifications, experience and fit.
Brent Harris | Accountants One Recruiter