Senior Accountant needed by growing organization that provides advancement opportunities and 100% company-paid healthcare.
Senior Accountant must have a degree from a large university, two or more years of full-cycle accounting experience, and an interest in learning. This Senior Accountant will get great, hands-on training and will build advanced skills including experience working directly with hedge fund companies, private equity firms, and real estate investment companies. Ability to meet deadlines an absolute must.
- Learn fund accounting including calculating periodic NAV for several moderately complex to complex funds. (training provided!)
- Complete reconciliations of accounting records to various custodians and/or brokers.
- Research cash and security exceptions using appropriate resources (e.g. Bloomberg.).
- Verify transactions such as dividend payments, interest payments, and corporate actions.
- Research security price fluctuations that break tolerance.
- Review and process subscription and redemption documents.
- Calculate capital account balances for investors, including management and performance fees.
- Provide support for and helps coordinate annual audits.
- Mentor and train less experienced fund accountants.
- Two or more years of corporate accounting experience
- Understanding of investment vehicles such as equities, fixed income, derivative securities not required, but a huge plus
- Thorough understanding of internal accounting controls and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree; accounting or finance required.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Anna Orr