Accountants One has been hired by a repeat client to help them hire a Staff Accountant. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international manufacturing company that is backed by private equity ownership. You will gain exposure to M&A projects such as Purchase Accounting, Due Diligence, and business integration.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger, including sub-ledger to ledger reconciliations, account reconciliations, and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Compile and analyze financial data to create and record month-end accruals and closing journal entries.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by management.
- Support and partner with other members of accounting, financial planning & analysis, management, and the business.
- Support ad-hoc reporting and special projects as directed by management.
- Assist with preparation of supporting documentation for audits and resolves questions from external auditors.
- Compile and review data to aid in the preparation of regulatory tax filings.
- Treasury administration to include payment processing and daily cash reconciliations.
- Fixed asset administration and accounting, review requests for capital projects, assign assets according to policies and maintain fixed asset ledgers and budgeted amounts.
- Responsible for preparing and filing Sales and Use Tax returns
- Dedicated to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team-driven environment, and be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must be able to identify problems and propose solutions upon discovery.
- Opportunity for involvement in projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and US GAAP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills working with advanced ERP systems
- Advanced Excel skills to include vlookups and pivot tables
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written, and verbal communication
- CPA license preferred, but not required
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Brent Harris