Accountants One is partnering with a corporate parent company that offers franchise locations as they hire their first Controller. This is a great time to join a growing, successful company and help them as they hit the next level of revenue and expansion. This is a highly visible role working directly with the CEO and the executive management team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone that enjoys helping build the infrastructure of a successful accounting and finance department.
This is truly the definition of a hands-on role; part of a two-person accounting department supervising an A/P Clerk. The accounting and finance department will grow. There are specific roles being planned and budgeted for over the next couple of years, but the successful candidate for this role must enjoying being involved in all aspects of accounting and finance. This role will be part of the senior management team and have a voice in planning for the future, but will also be required to help with tactical duties.
- Manage and assist with all daily and monthly accounting duties.
- Perform month-end close and produce financial statements for business entities
- Help design and prepare monthly financial package for senior management
- Manage and perform financial analysis and forecasting
- Cash management including weekly and monthly cash reporting and cash forecasting
- Implement appropriate internal controls, develop improved process and best practices
- Manage external audit relationships
- Evaluate current staff and help with planning for future hires. Staff development and training.
- Manage the Human Resources function for the small corporate staff including payroll, 401k, insurance, and on-boarding
- Special projects as assigned
- Accounting degree required, CPA highly preferred
- Restaurant industry or franchise experienced highly preferred
- Five or more years of full-cycle, corporate accounting experience
- Two or more years of management experience
- Strong systems and ERP experience, MS 365 preferred
- Advanced Excel
- Must enjoy being part of a team
- Sincerely humble, “what do you need me to do today”
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Brent Harris