Staff / Property Accountant:
A rapidly growing company with opportunities for career growth is looking for a strong staff accountant who is ambitious, entrepreneurial, energetic with a high degree of integrity for a Property Accountant role that will be responsible for financial accounting and reporting of the multifamily communities and related entities involved in ownership and management of the portfolio. While the company is most interested in a candidate with real estate / property accounting experience, on the job training will be considered from some elements for an exceptionally sharp and fundamentally sound accountant with a solid work history and a drive to learn. This position reports to the VP of Finance & Accounting.
Candidate Qualifications (Required and/or Preferred):
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field (required)
- 3+ years’ experience in the accounting profession – public, private or a combination (required)
- Fundamentally strong in accounting and knowledge of GAAP (required)
- Strong understanding in financial planning & analysis (highly desired)
- Real estate industry experience (highly desired)
- Proficient with financial accounting software, (ideally) Yardi
- Joint venture accounting and financial reporting (ideal)
- Familiarity with analyzing complex deal documents and determining proper accounting treatment (ideal)
- Proficient routinely using Excel’s intermediate level functionality (required)
Work from home until September when office in mid-town is scheduled to open back up. After that, work from home 2-3 days / week.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Jared Elliot