Accountants One is helping a newly acquired, custom manufacturing company hire a strategic Controller / CFO. This is a great opportunity to join as the company heads into an aggressive growth phase. This role will be part of the executive management team at the portfolio company along high visibility and reporting to the private equity investment firm.
- The successful candidate will sincerely enjoy a hands-on role that includes creating and implementing new processes, implementing software and reporting tools, and evaluating staff / operations.
- The successful candidate must also have ability to work on strategic growth initiatives, working closely with the CEO and ownership team to create an infrastructure that can handle expansion.
- Perform month-end close and produce financial statements
- Prepare monthly reporting package including variance analysis, forecasting and ad hoc reporting for ownership.
- Manage current accounting staff in daily accounting functions – Staff of two in accounting?
- Evaluate current staff and identify future hiring needs
- Evaluate and implement upgraded software
- Create / Improve current KPI reporting, dashboard reporting
- Work closely with operations to improve margins, control costs, and prepare for future growth and required capacity
- Work with outside CPA firm for tax and audit relationships
- Manage and improve budgeting process
- Manage banking relationships
- Evaluate and manage employee insurance program
- Negotiate vendor contracts
- Accounting / Finance degree required
- CPA required
- 10 or more years of accounting and finance experience with proven record of success and advancement
- 5 or more years of management experience
- Manufacturing industry experience required
- Experience leading, managing, and scaling the accounting function (system implementation, and process improvement) through periods of rapid change.
- Demonstrated track record as a trusted business partner with the ability to effectively communicate and lead business and financial decision making with key leaders.
- Ability to think strategically, but also tackle tactical and operational issues.
- Exceptional management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Professional, driven, self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, continually changing environment.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Brent Harris