The Accounting Manager is responsible for the process and data integrity related to transaction processing and data integrity related to the financial statement close and resulting financial information. This role will be responsible for preparing 10-K, 10-Q’s and 8-K’s as needed while keeping current on the ongoing developments in the SEC regulations and FASB codifications for reporting requirements.
- Manage accounting staff responsible for accounting matters, including but not limited to transaction processing, account reconciliations, account analyses, and periodic business review.
- Develop, train, and retain accounting staff in understanding the business, as well as accounting requirements and guidance.
- Provide feedback to accounting staff both informally in support of their ongoing development and formally in conjunction with the formal performance evaluation process.
- Recruit accounting staff at times, if necessary. Duties and Other Responsibilities
- Support internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions.
- Oversee preparation of monthly business unit analysis and summarize insights to management.
- Coordinate support and analysis to financial reporting function for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Coordinate support for internal and external audits, ensuring accuracy and completeness of support prior to delivery
- Identify process issues and control deficiencies; for items identified, recommend improvements and implement selected remediation steps.
- Ensure compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Demonstrate cross-functional collaboration and teamwork across organization
- Support accounting for transactions, including acquisitions, as well as the development and implementation of controls around those transactions
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed
- 5+ years of experience of relevant experience in Accounting / Finance through a combination of:
- Public accounting with a Big 4 or other large accounting firms (at least 2 years); and
- Industry experience in an accounting role involved in month-end close with increasing levels of responsibility
- Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
Skills And Competencies
- Advanced Excel required
- Must have a working knowledge of GAAP
- Functional understanding of financial and operational business processes and reporting
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions/purchase accounting a plus
- Experience with going public and controls implementation a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical judgment and problem-solving skills while demonstrating high ethical standards
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to effectively partner across an organization through cross-functional relationships and support accounting requirements of other external stakeholders
- NetSuite and FloQast experience a plus
- Strong team player and self-starter
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Allison Klusmann