Successful firm near Duluth is looking for a Tax Manager due to growth. Do you value working in a true team environment, mentoring from senior partners, having a professional growth plan, learning practice development tips at an award-winning firm committed to stellar client service and work-life quality? If so, the opportunity you have been waiting, and preparing for is with our firm! When you work here, we treat you like family.
This position will manage the clientele experience, be responsible for preparing monthly financial statements for clients and preparing complex individual and/or business tax returns. Have in depth experience in small business bookkeeping, accounting & income tax preparation for individuals as well as all entity type returns (Forms 1065, 1120, 1120S, 990, 706 & 709)
The ideal candidate is a CPA who has experience in preparing and presenting taxes, is knowledgeable with tax practices and laws, and has supervisor experience.
- Coaches and trains Tax Consultants and Senior Tax Consultants while setting a positive and encouraging example in the process.
- Reviews work papers and tax returns prepared by other tax department professionals.
- Continually communicates the progress of the tax return or research project with the engagement Manager or Partner.
- Identifies potential tax issues, performs research and presents proposed solutions to Managers and Partners.
- Prepares detailed draft invoices.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records
- Participates in client meetings to assist with answering of questions and review of research or returns.
- Demonstrates increased responsibility for continued professional education and improving technical skills.
- Continues to develop a network of contacts through community involvement.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review individual and business tax returns
- Embrace technology to create efficiencies
- Participate in employee interviews
- Provide initial training and support ongoing professional development of mentee(s)
- Help scale the business, including developing and creating processing for new entities.
- 6+ years’ experience in accounting, preferable public
- Bachelor’s Preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills including V-lookups and pivot tables
- Experience with UltraTax, Advanceflow and Go-file Room a plus
- Proficient with QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online
- Proficient with QuickBooks Client set-up including Chart of Accounts and clean-up
- Proficient with QuickBooks conversion from desktop to on-line
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat and MS Office Suite
- Payroll experience
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable with client contact
- CPA required
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Ashley Inman