Under general supervision of the Financial Reporting Manager, the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant performs accounting, financial reporting, planning and analysis processes for Saia and in support of the company’s leadership team.
- Maintains reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Assists with financial statement preparation and month end close.
- Assists in the preparation of accurate and timely SEC filings including supporting work papers and binders.
- Assists with outsourced tax resources to ensure timely and accurate filings and compliance.
- Analyzes and researches financial information.
- Leads Sales & Use Tax Process
- Assists with ad hoc analysis and special projects.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Big Four or similar Accounting Experience
- CPA or MBA
- Knowledge of Workday Financial Management
- 4+ years of experience as an Accountant
- Experience with BlackLine
- Exp. with Acctg for Sales & Use Tax and prep. of applicable returns
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Ability to work closely with a team and other departments
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Allison Klusmann