Controller, NorthWest Atlanta area, Full-Time, CPA, Public Accounting, 5 – 15 years experience, Straight public or Construction Industry, Bonus, Remote, Hiring Immediately
Accountants One has been retained exclusively by a repeat client. A highly successful and well-established Commercial and Residential builder, expanding rapidly ($100M revenue), is seeking a Controller to manage the accounting group. Current Controller is retiring but will be available part-time to assist in a transition phase.
- Oversee full cycle of month-end, quarterly, and year-end close activities for a portfolio of companies. Includes review of income statement, balance sheet, and cash account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting.
- Directs financial affairs and prepares financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management.
- Responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports.
- Supervision over general accounting, project accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
- Assure corporate tax compliance for accurate and timely completion of all corporate tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Ensure that accounting practices are following all relevant accounting standards, state and federal regulations, and Company values and practices.
- Analysis of work-in-progress and profitability
- Cash management and reconciliation
- Oversee A/P, A/R, job cost accounting & payroll
- Perform trend and variance analysis
- Coordinate annual external audits
- Assist with development of annual budget and analyze monthly results
- Identify and implement process improvements where applicable
- Special projects and other functions as required
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting required, MBA a plus
- CPA is required
- At least 5 years of recent Construction accounting experience with a sound understanding of general, accepted accounting principles
- Or – CPA with 5 – 8 years straight public accounting/auditing who has some management responsibilities strongly considered!
- Must have a comprehensive technical and functional understanding of all accounting processes (i.e. AR, AP, bank reconciliations, cash management, general ledger, financial preparation, and review)
- Experience with job cost accounting, percent complete revenue recognition, over-under billings, labor productivity analysis, quantity reporting, overhead cost allocations, and equipment costing is preferred
- Ability to work with Partners to ensure financial directives are followed
- Experience managing a team
- Must have strong leadership, analytical, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience implementing process improvements
- Understanding of construction law and the lien process is preferred
This highly successful company offers a competitive salary and generous benefits that include Bonus, and some remote!
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact John Davis