A growing $300M+ commercial construction services-based subsidiary of a publicly-traded company is looking for a sharp Controller to join their organization. This role reports to the VP of Finance and, for the right person/qualifications, has the potential move into the VP of Finance role in 4 – 6 years.
Essential and Desired Candidate Qualifications:
- Public accounting experience in a Big 4 or regional firm is required.
- Active CPA is required.
- Industry experience is desired but will consider someone coming directly from public.
- Experience as a controller in a construction or service/contract services company is desired.
- People management experience is required.
- Experience in a high-growth, fast-paced business/culture is desired.
- Current Atlanta area residency is required.
Additional Candidate Experience and Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years experience in accounting and finance.
- 3+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities.
- Experience in public company accounting sectors is preferred.
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills.
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills are required.
- Large ERP systems experience is desired.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Working along with the VP Finance assist in developing internal control/SOX guidelines, policies, and procedures for cash, general ledger accounting, credit management, administration, general ledger account reconciliations, and account roll-forwards.
- Implement/deploy processes, controls, and oversight of the recording of transactions and maintain and ensure controls are effective in achieving desired control elements.
- Prepare Balance Sheet, Income Statements, Equity Rollforward, and supporting working papers for assigned Company Subsidiaries/Operating Units.
- Provide proper and effective analytical review of Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Maintenance of monthly financial reporting calendars. Implement and document effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles. Monitor the closing processes, billing, invoicing, expenses, and job cost updates making adjustments in processing/scheduling as needed to ensure proper, timely, and effective closing.
- Review and approve general journal entries as required. Ensure maintenance of all necessary documentation, worksheets, analysis, and required approvals supporting all general journal entries.
- Ensure proper application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC Staff Accounting Bulletins (SABs), and other generally accepted accounting standards.
- Prepare/support the preparation of Technical Accounting Memorandums (TAMs).
- Assist with/coordinate External and Internal/SOX audits, providing needed information in support of interim and annual audits.
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Assist with activities related to Acquisition Integrations.
- Support Regional/Operational Management of assigned Subsidiaries/Operating Units.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Voluntary Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, PTO, 401(K) Plan with Company Match.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Jared Elliot