Accountants One has been exclusively retained to assist in identifying and hiring a Bookkeeper for a growing organization in Mableton, GA., with an annual revenue of $138M. The Bookkeeper role requires a background in all facets of GAAP-based accounting, in addition to experience in payroll. Ideally, the candidate will have a background that includes significant tenure with small to mid-size companies and enjoy “wearing many hats”. The company is in growth mode and now has 6 locations – this Bookkeeper will be a large part of the continuing success story.
Key skills and background required:
- Full understanding of GAAP-based accounting, including tic and tying the financial reporting documents to GL and sub-ledgers.
- Full responsibility for hourly and salaried employee payroll.
- Heavy reconciliation experience of multiple types which require research.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics products.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Enjoyment of the small company atmosphere and willingness to pitch in.
- Exposure to AP, AR, and financial reporting.
- Bi-weekly payroll for ~100 hourly and salaried employees.
- Full reconciliations, including but not limited to:
- Bank statements
- Credit cards
- Complex inventory reconciliations requiring research in some cases.
- Limited HR duties possibly including onboarding, etc.
- Create and modify Excel spreadsheets.
- Create pivot tables and vlookups.
- General Accounting understanding and hands-on experience
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Lindsay Grimsley