Accountants One has been hired to help a repeat client that has been in business for over 25 years hire a Staff Accountant. They will be a critical part of the revenue team and will report to the Revenue Accountant and Revenue Controller. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or someone still early in their career. The CFO, Controller, and Revenue Manager all enjoy helping develop and mentor those early in their career.
Core Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Manage the invoicing process, including the creation of invoices and following up on outstanding amounts, work with the Account Receivable team.
- Perform monthly close tasks, including preparation of various journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Prepare timely and accurate revenue reporting, record revenue-related journal entries, and complete account reconciliations.
- Review agreements and purchase order terms to ensure proper customer invoicing and revenue recognition and validate revenue maximization.
- Perform weekly and monthly data validation procedures on sales and invoices to ensure completeness and accuracy of revenue.
- Liaison with the business groups (i.e. Solutions and Fleet) to ensure corresponding revenue is recognized correctly.
- Collaborate with the other finance departments and business partners to provide ad hoc research, reporting, and projects as it pertains to revenue.
- Work with manager to learn and apply revenue recognition criteria and policies in order to read and interpret terms and conditions in agreements (Revenue Standard ASC606). Perform revenue accruals or adjustments.
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and automating manual processes where possible.
- Participate in ongoing projects to improve processes, implement new controls, tools or systems. Perform ad hoc duties as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 0-2 years working experience in accounting
- Desire to become or be a CPA is preferred.
- Strong analytical and MS-Excel skills (Pivot Table, VLOOKUP, etc)
- Detail-oriented, be a self-starter with a positive and “can-do” attitude.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with all levels within the company, the ability to communicate in French or Spanish is a plus.
- Solid accounting fundamentals and strong reconciliation skills
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Brent Harris