Accountants One has been exclusively retained to assist in identifying and hiring a Senior Accountant for a well-established organization in downtown Atlanta with annual revenues between $4 and $5M. The Senior Accountant role requires a background in traditional general accounting and will include AP duties for this clients affiliates with revenues around $100MGBA.
The opportunity to work closely with the CFO in this two-person accounting department will be exciting for the ideal Senior Accountant. The exceptional candidate will have a background which includes significant tenure with small to mid-size companies, enjoying “wearing many hats”. Employee retention is very high at this organization, this Senior Accountant will be a large part of the continuing success story.
Top Three Objectives to be achieved within the first 6 to 12 months:
- The Senior Accountant will work with the CFO to develop a strong understanding of the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting standards and deadlines.
- The Senior Accountant will adapt to the service-oriented culture of the team.
- The Senior Accountant will begin to assist in enhancing processes by working closely with the CFO – first understanding current procedures and then dialoging in enhancing those procedures.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- General Ledger management
- Monthly close process
- Manage revenue from dues and professional development
- Create and modify Excel spreadsheets.
- Willingness to pitch in when needed.
- Understanding of GAAP based accounting, 501c (6) experience a plus.
- A/P (150-200 invoices per month)
- General Ledger
- Experience with Excel required (pivot tables, V-look ups, formulas)
- Experience with iMIS Software would be a nice-to-have
- Experience with Epicor also a nice-to-have
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoyment of the small company atmosphere (20-person office) and willingness to pitch in
- Database and Database Reporting skills a plus
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least four years’ experience in a Staff or Senior Accountant role
- Team focused
- Naturally inclined to roll up sleeves to accomplish team goals
- Combination of work from office (private office) and work from home
- Business Casual / dress for the day
- Location is near Georgia State University main campus (downtown)
- Parking costs are NOT covered
Target Compensation Structure:
- 100% Health Insurance Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- 401K with match
- PTO and sick time
- Long-term and Short-term disability
- Bonus potential after one year
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Sabrina McElhannon