Accounting Manager needed by growing fund management organization that provides professional development and 100% company-paid healthcare.
Accounting Manager must have a degree from a large university, five or more years of full cycle accounting experience, including experience with fund accounting. This Accounting Manager will review and guide skilled senior accountants working directly with hedge fund companies, private equity firms, and real estate investment companies. Ability to meet deadlines and mentor professional staff an absolute must.
- Review and coordinate client deliverables in fund accounting including:
- Calculations of periodic NAV for several moderately complex to complex funds.
- Reconciliations of accounting records to various custodians and/or brokers.
- Research cash and security exceptions using appropriate resources (e.g. Bloomberg.).
- Verification of dividend payments, interest payments, and corporate actions.
- Research security price fluctuations that break tolerance.
- Review and process subscription and redemption documents.
- Calculate capital account balances including management and performance fees.
- Coordinate annual audits.
- Mentor and train fund staff and senior accountants.
- Five or more years of corporate accounting experience
- Understanding of investment vehicles such as equities, fixed income, derivative securities not required, but a huge plus
- Thorough understanding of internal accounting controls and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree: accounting or finance required.
- CPA preferred
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Anna Orr