Assistant Controller REIT Direct Hire Promotion to Controller! Straight CPA or any industry 3 -15 years experience. Midtown Atlanta. Local candidates only!
A premier Real Estate Development and Investment group (commercial and residential) in the midtown vicinity is creating a new position due to rapid growth. You will report to the CFO and be groomed to become the corporate Controller (vacant). This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with as little as 3 – 7 years experience in public accounting or industry with little supervision to become the Controller of a very successful REIT, and our client is looking to hire immediately!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise 3 who handle all day-to-day Accounting to include month-end and numerous tax returns in multiple states.
- Assist C-level management in process improvement and operational analysis.
- Handle lending/banking relationships in multiple states
- Financial reporting and analysis and special projects for executive management.
- Oversee and coordinate about 250+ tax returned prepared by CPA firm.
- BS Accounting required, and either an MBA or CPA (or CPA candidate).
- 3 – up to 15 years experience hands-on Accounting to include Tax experience is required.
- Candidate with only 3-5 years straight CPA firm experience; Or – seasoned candidate with local public accounting experience in their career.
- Prior Real Estate experience, either in industry or public accounting clientsis a plus, but Not required.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
Outstanding Benefits include generous Profit-Sharing, Investment Opportunities – and more!
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact John Davis