The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for the external and internal financial reporting packages. This role will be responsible for preparing 10-K, 10-Q’s, and 8-K’s as needed while keeping current on the ongoing developments in the SEC regulations and FASB codifications for reporting requirements.
The Financial Reporting Manager will facilitate coordination of internal and external audits, maintain schedules to support financial reporting, and assist in enhancing internal controls while providing financial and operational support across the company.
- Responsible for preparation of Financial external reporting package (annual report, quarterly financial statements, registration statements)
- Responsible for Management and Board of Directors reporting/presentations
- Assist with Technical Accounting Research, support, and implementation
- Team with auditors to ensure an efficient and timely audit by preparing support schedules and footnotes while supervising audit progression
- Assist with implementation of controls and process design around financial reporting
- Assist with the revamping of the current Financial Statements with more robust disclosures
- Assist in the preparation and compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial schedules (e.g., roll forwards of supporting documents for financial statement)
- Help revisit prior-year Financials and reconciliations to confirm and create compliance with internal controls
- Research technical accounting matters and write policy memos as needed
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the accounting and reporting function
- Coordinate and drive accounting initiatives, proactively identify dependencies and drive issues to resolution as well as provide feedback toward improved coordination, collaboration and communication
- Demonstrate cross-functional collaboration and teamwork across the organization
- Work on ad hoc projects as needed
- 5+ years of experience of relevant experience in Accounting / Finance, preferably in large, publicly traded company
- 2-3 years experience in public accounting with a large firm and attainment of increasing levels of responsibility
- Required: Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Preferred: CPA and/or MBA
Skills And Competencies
- Advanced Excel required.
- Must have a working knowledge of GAAP
- Functional understanding of financial and operational business processes and reporting
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions/purchase price accounting a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical judgment and problem-solving skills while demonstrating high ethical standards
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Netsuite and Blackline experience a plus
- Strong team player and self-starter
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Tracy Coffie