National Insurance Company recognized for superior customer service is hiring an experienced Tax Accountant to assist with preparation of annual and interim premium tax returns and the premium tax accrual. This Premium Staff Accountant will report directly to the Financial Reporting Manager and will receive great professional development in both insurance accounting and financial reporting.
Premium Staff Accountant duties will include:
- Responsible for ensuring that all state-specific required filings are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual statement.
- Prepare month-end journal entries including supporting worksheets and account reconciliation.
- Variance Analysis.
- Work on special projects and/or requests from management.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting.
- 2+ years experience as a Staff Accountant in CPA firm or Insurance Industry
- Property & Casualty insurance industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of Statutory Accounting a plus.
- Experience with Great Plains software preferred.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Anna Orr