Are you looking for work-life balance in your next role?
A growing, private industry company that values work-life balance is hiring a full-time Sales & Use Tax Accountant. This position is based in Alpharetta, GA, and is open due to company growth!
The Sales & Use Tax Accountant will be responsible for working closely with clients, client vendors, and various government agencies to oversee day-to-day recovery (refunds) projects, data collection, and monitoring activities. The ideal candidate should be comfortable doing a lot of recovery work, working with spreadsheets, and helping customers on the phone. The candidate will have previous experience in filing tax refunds, managing tax refund filings with various governmental agencies and vendors, and sales tax exemptions. The Sales & Use Tax Accountant will report to the Senior Accountant.
This would be a perfect opportunity for someone ready to leave public accounting and wants a true work-life balance.
Salary is flexible depending on the level of Sales Tax experience.
- Analyzing an evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights.
- Identifying potential opportunities and risks and communicating these to our clients
- Learning and researching current market trends, to maintain your credibility as a trusted advisor.
- Developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients’ tax activities.
- Researching our client’s business operations and building long-lasting relationships to tailor your advice to their specific needs
- Supervising a motivated team of professionals, guaranteeing they have the skills, knowledge, and opportunities to reach their full potential.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related discipline
- Professional knowledge in a broad range of sales and use tax processes, concepts, and tools.
- A proven record of excellence in professional services or tax organization
- Technical writing and research experience in a tax context
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects.
- Strong influencing skills, and the confidence to question existing processes
- Must have achieved or partially achieved CPA qualification, certification as a member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation, or the ability to sit for the state bar.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Cindy Cannon