Are you looking for work-life balance in your next role?
A growing, private industry company that values work-life balance is hiring a full-time Sales & Use Tax Accountant. This position is based in Alpharetta, GA and is open due to company growth!
The Sales & Use Tax Accountant will be responsible for working closely with clients, client vendors, and various government agencies to oversee day-to-day recovery (refunds) projects, data collection, and monitoring activities. The ideal candidate should be comfortable doing a lot of recovery work, working with spreadsheets, and helping customers on the phone. The candidate will have previous experience in filing tax refunds, managing tax refund filings with various governmental agencies and vendors, and sales tax exemptions. The Sales & Use Tax Accountant will report to the Senior Accountant.
This would be a perfect opportunity for someone ready to leave public accounting and wants true work-life balance.
Salary is flexible depending on the level of Sales Tax experience.
- Work closely with management and clients to resolve compliance issues;
- Perform monthly billing and collection for client compliance contracts;
- Develop relationships with clients to encourage open communication;
- Heavy phone volume
- Reviewing and researching application process and procedures for refunds and/or credits;
- Working multiple clients, vendors, and government agencies;
- Tracking and reporting of client results to management and client;
- Reviewing source documentation from clients to determine missing information;
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Proficiency using MS Word, Excel and the ability to learn proprietary software with ease
- Either Auditing or Sales & Use Tax experience.
- Public Accounting experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Commutable to Alpharetta, GA
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Cindy Cannon