A fast-growing $300M+ commercial and residential services-based subsidiary of a publicly-traded company is looking for a sharp Accounting Operations Manager with a successful track record to help oversee their shared services accounting operations. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a home with a company with outstanding long term potential.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with VP Finance and Regional Controllers to manage the Accounting Department, processes and staff accountants.
- Supervise staff with various skill sets ranging from entry-level accounting clerks to 2-3 year staff accountants who are on-site and remote.
- Provide oversight of the company and subsidiary day-to-day shared services accounting processes.
- Manage timely reviews and approvals of all balance sheet accounts, including monthly bank account reconciliation and general ledger reconciliations.
- Oversee daily and monthly accounting entries and other close procedures.
- Provide assistance to remote staff in all matters of day-to-day accounting and problem resolution.
- Reconciliation and posting of job cost hours for each reporting entity to Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Reconciliation, preparation and filing of Sales Tax Returns. Review and respond on jurisdiction notices and letters. Ensure proper taxation of transactions.
- Prepare and/or ensure preparation of month/daily General Journal entries – accruals and amortizations.
- CAPEX reconciliations. Review and posting of monthly depreciation.
Candidate Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting and managing employees in a similar operational role.
- Steady and progressive work history.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 would be ideal.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Strong leadership, relationship and team building skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same.
- Strong work ethic.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Jared Elliot