Accountants One is working with a long-term, repeat client to help them hire a Vice President of Investment Accounting. This is the Atlanta office of a global, real estate investment organization with $10 Billion AUM. They specialize in A listing real estate in multiple countries. As part of a retirement, they are changing the role to add leading the Investor Reporting and Accounting teams. The company is very successful. You will work with smart and successful peers.
The successful candidate will have natural management and leadership skills. The successful candidate will have examples of accomplishments in the real estate and investment industries.
- Oversee accounting, reporting, and administration for a $10B mortgage advisory business and support new business development initiatives as needed.
- Design and implement accounting and operating procedures to ensure compliance with requirements as US registered investment advisor
- Manage delivery of monthly accounting information and client reports in accordance with GAAP, IFRS, and statutory accounting standards and in adherence with specific client requirements; assist in preparation of quarterly and annual portfolio management reports.
- Onboard new funds/clients ensuring that client requirements and control requirements are met.
- Ensure data integrity is maintained within client accounting systems and oversee flow of information between loan servicing, data warehouse, and general ledger.
- Provide accounting oversight for IT projects, including communication of requirements and user testing.
- Assist portfolio management in forecasting and monitor cash flows.
- Oversee and review quarterly performance return calculations. Report fund and benchmark performance information to investors, consultants, and industry organizations.
- Engage and coordinate with third-party accounting firms on SOC1 reports, year-end audits, and tax return preparation.
- Strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a CPA license
- 10-plus years of experience, with a mix of Big-4 public accounting and private accounting strongly preferred
- Proficiency in current GAAP and statutory accounting standards governing commercial mortgage loans and familiarity with industry reporting standards
- Experience managing staff and working in teams.
- Strong background in accounting and information systems, including experience overseeing data integrity across internal and external systems
- Experience leading or participating in information technology projects including coordinating and communicating business requirements and related user acceptance testing
- Prior experience operating in an environment with SSAE-16/18, SOC1, and/or SOX testing
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other accounting platforms a plus
- Familiarity with terms and structures of cross-border debt funds a plus
- Understanding of risk-based capital calculations, FAS 107/157 market valuations, and other key industry metrics
Other Essential Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to manage relationships with external service providers, clients, and internal stakeholders and associates.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams in the U.S. and overseas and work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Highly organized; Ability to prioritize deliverables and meet demanding timelines in dynamic environment with monthly client reporting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude; team-player
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Brent Harris