Accountants One has been exclusively retained to assist in identifying and hiring a Controller for a large distribution company located near Braselton.
This role is open due to the existing Controller retiring; however, the current Controller will provide training and leadership as the new Controller assumes the role.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully owning the financials and accounting for a large distribution company. This position will require a broad diversity of skills to include finance, accounting, tax, payroll, reporting, and analysis. Ideal candidate will have good tenure at past companies.
The Controller will be responsible for the following:
• Financials – Prepare monthly financials and schedules for home office, prepare quarterly consolidated and Inventory package for home office, prepare quarter-end financials
• Audits – Prepare schedules for quarterly reviews, oversee annual, JSOX, and Internal audits.
• Taxes – Monthly excise tax, file sales tax returns monthly/quarterly/annually, prepare federal and state estimates quarterly, oversee IRS or sales tax audits, oversee 1099 preparation with payroll provider
• Budget – Prepare mid-year and annual budget by department and supporting schedules
• Other responsibilities include, Treasury, A/R, A/P, Concur administration, 401k administration, and Payroll oversight
• Leadership skills
• High energy
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• 5+ years’ experience
• Solid experience in distribution
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Ashley Inman