Accountants One is working with a large freight company in the Metro Atlanta area. This person will work under the general supervision of the Director of Internal Audit. The Senior Internal Auditor manages and conducts sox testing and will play an integral role in audit planning.
- Performs detail testing in financial areas including SOX Compliance.
- Collaborates with Audit Manager and Director to develop audit plans, risk matrices, and perform audit test procedures.
- Assesses risk areas and tests internal controls.
- Spends approximately 70% of time on SOX testing and 30% on the field and other process-related audits.
- Prepares audit programs, performs or reviews testing, and facilitates remediation of control findings.
- The focus will include operational, financial, compliance, and other types of audits necessary to support the annual audit plan.
- Communicates follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues.
- Develops the scope of internal audits, performs internal audit procedures, reviews internal audit work performed by others, and prepares internal audit reports.
- The work performed includes coverage of the entity and integrated risk-based internal audit projects as well as process-level control portions of SOX 404 compliance efforts.
- Assists with the development of regular reports to the Audit Committee on the company’s system of internal controls, significant audit findings, and investigations into fraudulent activity.
- Identifies opportunities for enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of operational, financial, and compliance processes, and assists in the planning and implementation of changes to processes and controls.
- Performs operational and financial audits of different terminal functions.
- Assists in the development of SOX status reports and other SOX presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including participating in non-SOX projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Big 4 experience, a plus
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in internal or external auditing
- SOX 404 compliance experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office productivity tools including Excel
- Certification such as CIA, CPA or CISA strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of data retrieval and analysis tools and methodologies
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High personal standards and professional ethics
- Ability to travel (0-20%) to field locations to perform audits
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Tracy Coffie