Incredible opportunity to join a team where hard work is appreciated! 100% paid health insurance. Repeat client in Marietta is looking to fill several entry-level and experienced Billing Analyst positions.
- Update patient demographic information.
- Review and clarify CPT and ICD10 coding questions for charge entry.
- Analyze and prepare insurance claims for accuracy. Attach required documentation. Meet billing deadlines.
- Review collection letters for accuracy and prepare for mail.
- Analyze and review delinquent accounts and prepare them for collection agency recovery.
- Analyze overpayments and prepare them for refunds to insurance companies or patients.
- Contact insurance companies with delinquent accounts to arrange for payment to ensure AR is maintained to company standards.
- Analyze electronic remittance advice (ERA) for accuracy of payments and contracted rates, work denials, and send appeals or letters when necessary.
- Perform and reconcile month-end balancing and report to Account Manager when complete.
- Produce reports, work reports, and report to Account Manager monthly for month-end review preview.
- Keep detailed records of fund transfers and payment transactions, log on spreadsheet.
- Process patient payments via credit card terminal/site.
- Maintain the highest standards of security and confidentiality in the billing procedures.
- Inform Account Manager of hardware/software deficiencies.
- Attend meetings and committee participation as required.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
- Participate in audits when necessary.
- Knowledge in medical business office procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional math skills
- A clear understanding of the billing process
- Exceptional computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Organization skills and be detail-oriented
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Flexibility in all office duties
- Ability to write and communicate clearly
Experience: Two years of accounts receivable, insurance, and patient/customer service experience, including one year of experience in a health care organization, preferred.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Megan Lord