Accountants One is working with a repeat client to help them identify and hire a Billing Specialist. This is a growing company in an exciting industry. There is an excellent structure in place as far as management and systems, but you also get to be part of positive changes as a result of continued growth of the company.
The successful candidate will have strong experience in Billing or Invoicing clients in a manual environment. This requires reading and understanding each contract, and each contract is a little different. The manual nature of the billing also requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. The company is in the process of moving the billing into a more automated environment, but it still requires entering each contract into the system. This is not a role of just pushing buttons, it requires a lot of interaction with clients, vendors, and internal departments.
- Responsible for the end-to-end process of contract management, including client billing and invoice administration in the billing system
- Prepare and distribute invoices for multiple clients according to each individual contract.
- Ensure each client is set up to have proper billing requirements and customer portals for accurate and timely billing
- Read and interpret contracts to determine proper invoicing formats and requirements
- Work closely with Operations, Sales, and Engineering to ensure billing is current and reflected in the billing system, including proper approval of invoices for first time and renewed contracts
- Review and post billing batches to NetSuite for proper revenue recognition
- Research discrepancies in rates and time of service
- Issue Credit Memos when required
- Ability to read and interpret complex client contracts for terms and rates
- Exceptional communication skills with internal and external customers
- NetSuite experience a plus, good systems experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of revenue recognition
- General accounting understanding of debits and credits
- Five or more years of billing experience in a complex/manual environment
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Brent Harris