Accountants One has been hired by an Atlanta law firm to help them identify and hire an Accounting Manager. This is a great opportunity that will report directly to an accomplished CFO and offer the opportunity to move into the Controller title.
The successful candidate is someone that takes ownership of the role and takes pride in producing high-quality work. The successful candidate will have a natural ability with technology and be excited about the chance to fix processes through use of technology. This role requires someone that truly enjoys managing and developing staff.
- Manage the accounting staff handling day to day accounting to include client billing, A/P, A/R, credit card reconciliations, and bank reconciliations.
- Manage and perform the month-end close, prepare financial statements for CFO to review.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly reporting package for senior management to include variance analysis and rolling forecasts
- Perform cash flow projections, prepare cash flow reporting daily / weekly
- Manage collections, working with partners and attorneys on their individual client’s aging.
- Ensure internal controls are appropriate and up to date.
- Process improvement and automation where possible
- Accounting degree is required, CPA highly preferred
- Seven or more years of accounting experience
- Four or more years of management experience
- Proven ability to improve processes, ensure clean and accurate balance sheet / financial statements
- Law firm or professional services industry experience highly preferred
- Advance Excel skills required
- ERP / Software implementation or conversion experience required
Accomplishments in first 12 months
- Lead the software conversion from Juris to a new accounting and billing package
- Through process improvement and controls, ensure clean balance sheet and financial statements
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Brent Harris