Accountants One has been hired to help a growing construction company hire a Controller. They have plenty of work for the coming year.
This role will be a critical member of the management team supporting the CEO and Director of Operations. The role requires an energetic, sincere, and driven person with a proven track record of using technology to improve efficiency, improve financial reporting and improve communication.
The successful candidate understands this is a very hands-on, “working manager” role that will be involved in both tactical details and strategic planning. The successful candidate must have extensive construction industry experience.
- Work closely with the President/Director of Corporate Operations on fiscal strategies for the organization.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including
- Month-end close and producing financial statements
- Prepare monthly reporting and analysis package for both revenue and expenses
- Prepare detailed job cost and project reporting, including WIP
- Manage full-cycle accounts payable and receivable function, assisting when needed
- Manage payroll process
- Perform treasury function including cash management and forecasting
- Create and monitor corporate and project budgets
- Perform capital assets reconciliations
- Perform trust account statement reconciliations,
- Assist with banking relationship and reporting
- Implement / improve financial reporting including variance analysis, forecasting and KPI reporting
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Financial management of the company including reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Evaluate risk vs opportunity in advocating strategic decisions.
- Monthly preparation and review of the financial statements.
- Project accounting and job cost reporting. Working closely with field operations and Project Managers.
- Management, development and mentoring of accounting and financial staff
- Serve as contact with CPA firm for tax and audit.
- Accounting degree preferred, CPA a plus
- Five or more years of management experience in a mid-size organization.
- Construction industry experience required
- Proven leadership and staff development skills required.
- Proven experience using technology to automate processes and improve efficiency required.
- Experience with project accounting in a construction or engineering environment preferred.
- Advanced financial analysis and forecasting skills
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Brent Harris