A well-regarded client, a small private, family investment office, has asked Accountants One’s help in recruiting a sharp, quality focused Senior Analyst / Associate who lives in the Atlanta area to join their team to help owner-managers and their companies to accelerate growth and create long term value.
The ideal candidate would be someone with a background in Business Valuations and Financial Modeling, and Strong Financial Analysis skills.
This person will work closely with a multidisciplinary team comprised of investment professionals, portfolio company management partners and third-party experts on a variety of initiatives ranging from new platform investment review, diligence and execution to supporting existing portfolio companies in evaluating a variety of business expansion opportunities, including strategic initiatives.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to grow professionally and build on their prior experience and benefit from a generous bonus incentive plan.
Key Candidate Qualifications
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in consulting, corporate finance, corporate banking, commercial banking, business valuation, transaction services, accounting or investment banking
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a similar area
- Master’s degree or MBA is preferred, but not required
- Strong accounting, financial analysis and research skills
- Prior financial modeling experience is preferred
- Prior M&A experience is preferred, but not required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and analytical rigor
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple projects
- Global or multi-national business experience or interest is preferred
- Comfort working in a small, collegial and highly team-oriented environment
- Knowledge and understanding in one or more of the following industries is preferred, but not required: Ethnic and Specialty Foods; Manufacturing and Distribution; Repair and Maintenance Services, Training and Education; Specialty Retail and Consumer
Exploring new investment partnership opportunities:
- Conducting market, industry and company research to identify growth trends, focus industries and specific companies for exploration and long-term relationship building
- Developing valuations, building financial models and coordinating due diligence
- Preparing detailed investment memorandum and supporting analysis that summarizes our investment thesis and due diligence findings
Supporting the business growth and expansion objectives of our portfolio company management partners including:
- Identifying and exploring potential mergers, acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and new customer opportunities
- Preparing financial models and completing valuation analyses of acquisition targets
- Drafting and negotiating indications of interest and letters of intent
- Participating in the execution of acquisitions including organizing, tracking and coordinating due diligence and participating in due diligence calls/visits
Reviewing and analyzing monthly business unit financial and operating performance, participating in calls and meetings with portfolio company management partners and preparing quarterly and annual performance summaries
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Jared Elliot