Manager of Technical Accounting and Internal Control needed by Public Traded Financial Services Group in North Atlanta. This Manager of Technical Accounting and Internal Control must have a strong audit and SEC financial reporting background as well as enjoy staying on the cutting edge of proposed accounting standards changes and forecasting the effect on all groups within the organization from accounting, to treasury to tax and everything in between.
This Manager of Technical Accounting will be a trusted member of the Accounting Officer team and report to the Vice President.
- Review of monthly and quarterly financial information and identify emerging areas and consistency of internal policies with US GAAP.
- Provide accounting research support in connection with all SEC filings, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and registration statements.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies for the global organization.
- Monitor and assess domestic and international emerging accounting and reporting standards.
- Research accounting literature and conduct technical analysis.
- Guide implementation of new accounting standards for the worldwide organization, including appropriate education and training.
- Ensure policies and procedures are consistently applied among all business segments and other accounting groups
- Participate in local industry groups (Fintech, Payment groups, Technology Association etc.) to share knowledge on technical accounting matters.
- Finance or Accounting Bachelor’s degree; Master of Accounting preferred
- Minimum 5+years’ experience
- Big 4 experience required
- Experience with internal controls over financial reporting in a public company environment
- Experience with global organizations including research of complex accounting issues and technical analysis.
- Acquisition accounting experience
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Anna Orr