A closely-held $500M+ manufacturer/distributor of protein products is looking for a Plant Controller, a new position, for their processing facility in Southwest Georgia, near Tallahassee, Florida.
The Plant Controller will be responsible for the cost accounting function of the facility that includes preparing the required reports and statistics related to plant costs and production, providing plant management with support to better understand the facility’s financial and cost results, and the supervision of cost accounting staff and related activities.
This position qualifies for a bonus of up to 15%. Financial assistance for relocation is also available.
Candidate Qualifications – Required and Desired:
- Accounting Degree – required
- Eight (8) plus years of Accounting experience – required
- Plant location and cost accounting experience – required
- Supervisory experience – required
- Protein industry experience – highly desired
- Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of the facility cost control processes and procedures.
- Trains, develops and manages accounting staff to accomplish the above. Involves and directs necessary personnel from other departments as required to follow proper control processes and procedures.
- Directs and/or participates in the preparation and reporting of facility cost and production reports as well as the development of weekly estimates as required.
- Responsible for facility’s inventory accounts.
- Participates in the development of accounting policy and administers approved accounting procedures.
- Responsible for the proper recording and tracking of the facility assets.
- Responsible for helping management understand cost and financial performance of facilities.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Jared Elliot