Accountants One has been hired by a company in the middle of fantastic growth, 30% to 40% year over year. They are looking for a CFO to work closely with the president and be a key member of the management team. The CFO will lead, develop and mentor the accounting / finance team. They offer a great company culture, people that enjoy working with each other and are working as a team to keep things moving forward.
The CFO will have direct responsibility for treasury, accounting, finance, banking / financing, legal, IT, HR, and investor relationships. This will include managing various back office functions, facility management, licensing, contract administration, insurance, bonding, liens, and employee benefits.
The successful candidate must be a CPA, either active or inactive. The successful candidate must have extensive construction industry experience, both commercial and residential will be considered.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Evaluate and advise through long range planning, looking at new programs and strategies, and regulatory actions.
- Establish strong relationships with senior management team to be able to help address their business needs
- Extensive financial modeling
- Ensure financial controls are in place and ensure GAAP compliance
- Oversee facility management
- Oversee IT hardware and software systems are meeting business needs, manage the relationship with the outsourced IT provider.
- Direct and oversee contract negotiation, administration and review.
- Direct and oversee business, property, casualty, and worker compensation insurance
- Direct and oversee all aspects of bonding requirements and manage surety relationship
- Direct and oversee annual employee benefit negotiation
- Work closely with job cost, sales, estimating, drafting, and project management
- Perform monthly analysis and reporting to executive management
- Manage receivables and decrease DSO
- Bachelor’s in Accounting
- CPA, active or inactive
- Minimum of five years of Controller / CFO experience
- Minimum of five years of construction industry experience
- Strong modeling and forecasting experience
- Experience handling banking relationships
- Experience negotiating and reviewing contracts
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Brent Harris