Accountants One is working with an innovator in the creation and management of consumer beauty brands located in Atlanta, GA. They are looking to fill the position of Staff Accountant in its Atlanta, Ga.
The Senior Staff Accountant prepares, analyzes, instructs and guides staff in accurate and timely client financial statements (i.e. balance sheet, cash flow statement, P&L’s) that assists in making informed day to day decisions about the clients business.
- Responsible for recording transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances and financial statements.
- Responsible for reconciling accounts to control accounts,
- Perform schedule computations of accruals, prepaid deposits, and classifications of property and equipment and organization costs.
- Perform audit or review procedures per standards.
- Compile, proofs, and analyze financial statements and other documents.
- Performs accounting, auditing and tax duties.
- Prepares reports and project as requested by supervisors.
- Responsible for ensuring timely reporting of all monthly financial information and year-end close for clients.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate payroll, account payables and overall accounting processes for financial information send to the client.
- Responsible for ensuring bank reconciliations are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing department work and flow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Collaborate, implement and supervise internal control system for each accounting area to ensure high quality output, company and client confidentiality, and safeguarding of company assets.
- Responsible for maintaining procedures and process for accounting personnel.
- Collaborates with client managers to support budget and forecasting activities for clients in conjunction with client managers.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the organization.
- Provides feedback, guidance to clients and team on how to handle using best practices the recording of non-routine entries.
- Advise staff in the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Maintain the fixed assets in FAS and update the GL monthly with required entries.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an Accounting concentration or equivalent work experience
- Three + years of experience in General Ledger accounting experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong ability to audit, review and advise and direct teams on standards and adjustment made to ensure quality financials
- Strong understanding of accounting cycles & procedures, tax forms and regulations, and financial statements that conform to federal income tax standards
- Strong organization skills
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
- Flexible and able to multi-task; working with a rapid and unpredictable growth environment with strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates high level of customer service and professionalism in reacting well under pressure both in the workplace and with clients
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail and analytical skills
- Sage experience is a must
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Cindy Cannon