This position encompasses all key functions of the physician billing, follow-up, and denials Revenue Cycle. The Rep III position requires an advanced revenue cycle knowledge that has been acquired through experience and developed through a combination of training and education. The Rep III supports patient-centered care and Customer Service by serving as a patient advocate during the life cycle of the account. The Rep III is expected to maintain productivity above the minimum standard identified by the Revenue Cycle Department.
- Highly specialized and skilled Revenue Cycle employees.
- Possesses advanced problem solving and reporting abilities.
- Supports all departments in the Revenue Cycle.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge requiring little training in the core functions and responsibilities of the physician billing Revenue Cycle.
- Ability to analyze and assess Revenue Cycle reports, workflows, and processes.
- Assists and participates in creation of training manuals and job aids for their respective area(s) of expertise.
- Ability to function as a trainer.
- Ability to function as a lead.
- Ability to act as a resource to less experienced staff.
- Maybe asked to support quality assurance audits.
- Maybe assigned to special projects, tasks, or duties.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in medical billing and/or collections required within a hospital or physician billing revenue cycle or central business office.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with third-party payer guidelines, reimbursement, follow-up, and collections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of claims review and analysis; ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding; and medical terminology.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic computer and word-processing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other reporting tools.(For trending and analysis)
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Bumi Oluwatimilehin