Interested in learning more?
Here are just a few of our featured job seekers:
- Reviews construction costs vs. actual costs and works with Division construction and Purchasing personnel.
- Reconciles numerous accounts including cash, escrows, suspense and expense accounts during month-end as related to Balance Sheet and Income Statement; journal entries, general ledger, and participates in month-end close.
- Daily and weekly cash forecast, records retention report, process and variance analysis, internal and external audit processes, and all journal entries associated with house closing revenue and various sales.
- SQL, Lawson, MS Project, advanced Excel, Tableau.
- With same employer since graduation, handling all accounting functions for the Rental Division.
- Conducts monthly financial statement reviews and prepares financial statements.
- Corporate tax returns, journal entries, accruals and prepaid schedules, fixed assets, purchases and disposal reports, balancing general ledger, documents for year-end audits, asset management, trend analysis, bank reconciliations, AP & AR.
- PeopleSoft, Excel.
- BBA Accounting (2005); BBA Management (2003), Florida Atlantic University.
- Experience with SEC filings, Private Equity and Private company reporting
- Began career with 3 years in a Big 10 CPA firm and promoted to Senior Auditor.
- Directed staff responsible for internal and external financial reporting including review and analysis of all aspects of general ledger.
- 2 professional references state “We have a pretty hopping environment and nothing ruffles [this candidate]…brought a strong level of review going through very technical audit issues…always able to present to any group of people in a very professional and personable way…motivated, self-directed worker…trustworthy and of the highest integrity.”
- Hyperion Essbase, SAP, Oracle, Great Plains, Business Objects, FRx, SharePoint, Trasective Solutions.
- 200+ invoices daily, multi-company, 3-way match of purchase orders.
- Weekly check runs, monthly accruals, journal entries, T&E reports, general ledger posting, vendor and client files, A/P close deadline at month-end, expense payables, Wire and EFT payments, internal and external AP inquiries and resolution, rent and utility payments, voids, reversals, stop payments, customer/client service.
- Econtact, Fiori, Concur, JD Edwards, SAP, PeopleSoft.
- Managed delivery of actuals and forecasts through reporting of financial and operational results to senior management of international division of Fortune 100 company.
- Accounting, analysis of monthly financials with focus on KPIs, forecasting and financial modeling, compliance, SEC and other statutory reporting requirements, annual and strategic business plans.
- Improved financial results and provided support in delivering financial commitments against plans, forecasts and productivity targets driving field service and customer contact functions, despite 25% headcount reduction.
- Supports Portfolio Managers, AR Manager and Finance Team with Cash Applications, Remote Deposits, ACH transactions, business credit analysis, collateral analysis, Aging Receivables management, Client management, process improvement and internal audit procedures.
- Assisted in integrating new acquired subsidiaries, installations, RMAs, IT tracking, pricing, invoicing, cost control.
- D&B Reports, QuickBooks, advanced Excel, Access, QuickBase, Gantt Charts, Visio, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Wells Fargo Cash Pro, PayPal, Oracle, SAP, Business Objects.
- BA Business, Western Maryland College.
- Handled all A/P and A/R, Time & Billing, monthly financial statements - for a law firm for 18 years.
- Generated monthly P/L reports and Balance Sheets, compared actual to monthly budgets and explained variances.
- MBA, Top-Ranked University, 1996.
- Led Process Improvement Team in plant initiative that reduced operational waste, resulting in cost saving over $430k.
- Established Inventory Cycle Count Program that improved accuracy to 99%; reduced administrative staff by 2 positions while increasing production; improved recyclable materials rate, improving revenues over $200k annually.
- Re-negotiated vendor contracts generating savings of $375k annually, reduced GR/IR issues from 90 to less than 30 days; served in lead Finance role during 2 full SAP system implementations.
- Responsible for all treasury, accounting, and finance functions, budgeting & strategic planning, internal controls implementation, process improvements, banking and investor and legal relationships, insurance and risk management, contract negotiations, cost accounting, staff development.
- At present company reduced inventories by 15% while improving cash flow, negotiated $7M+ line-of-credit and $1.5+M term loan, reduced insurance expenses by 10%, reduced DSO by 20%, and implemented new IT structure while decreasing cost by 5%.
- Recent past experience includes FP&A, PE & M&A, acquisition integration, International Accounting, Cash Management, moving corporate offices, and past position was V/P of Operations.
- Has completed several internships and worked while going to school.
- Experience with financial modeling, KPIs, creating reports, strong Excel, SQL.
- Developed a proven costing method for over 120 projects through financial modeling and calculation; reviewed financial reports and responsible for assigning budgets, creating purchase orders and monitoring budgetary compliance.
- Recruited into Big 4 and assisted in preparation and review of SEC filings, consolidated financial statements, disclosures, footnotes and MD&A.
- Currently with $50M Manufacturing company, responsible for all financial data, reporting, analysis by product line, and federal and state compliance.
- Revenue forecasting, variances versus Plan/Forecast and current and past trends, coordinates annual audits.
- Assists in execution and review of financial statement audits for public and private companies.
- Industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Government, Transportation, Staffing, Financial Services, Healthcare.
- Performed over 20 inventory counts in 7 states, review of significant balance sheet and income statement line items, and ensure compliance with PCAOB audit standards, U.S. GAAP, U.S. GAAS, IFRS, and firm specific audit methodology.
- Prepares workpapers and tax returns (1120 and 1065) in Corptax for assigned business units of a large public company.
- Signs off on book/tax differences in support of tax accounting quarterly and year-end close, and prepares tax position related calculations and presents to senior management in quarterly update meetings.
- In Big 4 (2014 – 2017) prepared federal and state returns for corporate and partnership clients, and performed testing for year-end financial statement audits in accordance with ASC 740.
- Corptax, Thomson Reuters OneSource Income Tax, GoSystem, BNA SuperForm, PowerPoint, advanced Excel.
Since 1973 Accountants One has been recruiting exceptional Accounting and Financial Talent. From the perfect Controller to a team of Accounts Payable Clerks, from Audit or Tax Talent to an Interim CFO, from a short-term Accounting Clerk to the next leader of your Finance Department – at Accountants One we pride ourselves on maintaining expertise across the accounting and finance spectrum. The list above is a sample of the candidates our team has recently recruited and interviewed.
The maTch Approach
maTch: A Systematic, Sane Process for Hiring the Right Person Every Time is our best practices approach to hiring as captured in the book by our CEO – Dan Erling. By adhering to this proven hiring methodology our success rate has stayed above 90% for over a decade – as compared to the industry average of 60%. The entire Accountants One team is trained in this impactful approach to hiring. Visit www.danerling.com to learn more about the maTch process.
Areas of expertise
Accountants One has over 40 years of serving the accounting and finance community with exceptional talent.
The top financial management position, accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
One of the top financial management positions in most companies…responsible for all financial reporting to management and regulatory agencies…manage accounting, budgets, cash, treasury and tax…directs risk management.
Compiles and analyzes financial information for an organization. Identifies trends and developments…forecasts…develops revenue/expense analysis, projections, reports and presentations.
Accountable for analysis of process constraints, target costing, margin analysis and calculating costs based on underlying activities.
Works for the entity which he or she audits…verifies the entity’s financial records and procedures…makes recommendations.
Works independently for an external entity to verify financial records and their presentation…usually a CPA.
Specialist in preparing taxes for individuals, private and public companies…creates tax strategies…usually a CPA.
Assists Controller in overseeing organizational accounting functions and all activities related to the budgeting and forecasting of financial data.
Responsible for accounting, budget planning and control, cash management, treasury and tax…manages all financial record keeping.
Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions into the general ledger with little supervision. CPA often preferred…some supervisory duties.
Records, verifies, consolidates and enters transactions into the general ledger with supervision…CPA or CPA track preferred.
Posts entries to the general ledger…experienced in all aspects of the accounting environment, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll…can compile financial statements…management responsibilities.
Manages all aspects of the accounting environment except for completing financial statements.
Accounting Software Specialist
Experienced in accounting software packages, for example: Sage, QuickBooks and JD Edwards…assist in software conversions…also capable of developing Excel spreadsheets or training staff.
Supports accounting operations by filing documents, reconciling statements, entering data into accounting software programs…possesses basic bookkeeping skills…good data entry skills.
Pays employees by calculating pay and deductions…works under the direction of a manager…issues checks…may have experience with union reports.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Clerical Accountant with strength in billing, tracking, collections of accounts due and reconciling conflicts.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounting Clerk profile with experience emphasis in payables…matches source documents…computes discounts…verifies extensions…codes distribution of disbursements…records disbursements…types checks if required.
Data Entry Clerk
Operates 10-key adding machine, calculators (touch)…neatness, speed, accuracy, and good figure sense…usually assists someone else and requires some supervision…light to medium typing skills…familiar with basic bookkeeping techniques…good clerical ability.
Accounting Clerk with experience in inventory costing and extensions…understands methods of accumulating costs of goods or services…analyzes information and keeps detailed costs or inventory records.