Interested in learning more?
Here are just a few of our featured job seekers:
- CPA candidate. MBA, top-ranked university, winter 2019. BBA Accounting, top-ranked university, 2016.
- Month-end and year-end closing to include financial statements, consolidation of financials for acquisitions, monthly analysis of KPIs, P&L reports, preparation of documents for audits.
- Produces daily report that displays each acquisition’s daily production and analysis of any variances from budget.
- Expense forecasts, A/P, A/R and Billing, monthly journal entries, amortization schedules, vendor management.
- SAP, QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics GP, PowerPoint, Excel.
- MPA, Georgia State University, 2019. BBA Accounting, top-ranked university, 2017.
- Ensures accurate P&Ls each period through exception query investigation and resolves questions from Operations.
- Handles inventory counts, food cost reports, utility expenses, and R&M for accuracy; prepares general ledger closing entries, reconciles daily cash and credit card deposits, balance sheet accounts, and assists FP&A with budgeting and analysis.
- Monitored budgets and financial trends and provided financial reporting to senior leadership and BOD.
- Led accounting processes including A/P, A/R, financial statements and monthly close, internal controls, and financial audit, payroll, and financial reporting for capital assets.
- Reduced turnaround of monthly financial reports from 30 to 10 days; streamlined AP system with 997 vendors to reduce search time by 98%; reduced cost of external audits by $35k while achieving 100% internal audit compliance.
- QuickBooks, Blackbaud, ADP, Access, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Workforce NOW.
- Performed full-cycle AP, matching, batching, coding, and managing of reports in Excel.
- Additional responsibilities include A/R, bank reconciliations, credit card statements, closing entries for month-end and annual close, petty cash, payroll audits, bank deposits, G/L reconciliation, billing and collections, customer service.
- Excel and QuickBooks.
- Experience with Federal and state compliance and provision ASC 740 work, multi-state returns, property tax, sales and use tax, fixed assets, depreciations.
- Income tax returns for partnerships, true up analysis, State Effective Tax Rate calculation, tax research, depreciation reports and Gain and Loss reports from Sage FAS, adjustment for depreciation after acquisitions, and led tax rate project due to spin off of several divisions.
- Roll-forward of deferred tax assets/liabilities, tax footnotes for year-end audits, and handles compliance for 24 subsidiary companies.
- Assisted in system integration from Oracle to BPCS and from BPCS to Smartstream.
- Access, AS 400, ACCPAC, SBT, QuickBooks, Fox Pro, Infinium, Oracle, Discover.
- Prepares annual budget, quarter reforecasts, new business revenue reports, and monthly variance reports for upper management.
- Reduced weekly pipeline report prep time 50% and recognized additional $300k revenue annually.
- ROI analysis by verticals, headcount trend with detail for each cost center, “what if” scenarios for budget assumptions and forecast strategies, financial modeling, benchmarking and process analysis.
- Advanced Excel, Hyperion, Essbase, Oracle, SQL, Tableau.
- Reviewed, coded, and processed AP invoices in 4 IT systems that averaged $7.5M monthly (company with over 100 locations in the U.S. and Canada).
- Reduced a multi-million-dollar AR portfolio by 92.1%.
- Updated client database information which increased collection efficiency 13%, saved annual software expense of $34k by creating sales tax tracking file in Excel, assisted in month-end close, commercial lease accounting, landlord ledgers, journal entries.
- QuickBooks, advanced Excel, Peoplesoft, Platinum.
- MBA from one of the “Top 10 Accounting schools” in the nation, 2012; BS Accounting, Top-Ranked University, 2011.
- Project management in integrating accounting/finance of International acquisitions, monthly financial trend analysis for BOD, monthly financial statements, cost benefit analysis, and SOX implementation in multi-location company.
- Financial metrics, Internal Audit Risk Assessment, post integration processes, operational and financial audit findings.
- Time based Modeling, Volume based Modeling, Sensitivity Modeling; Began career in a “Big 4” CPA firm.
- Managed accounting, treasury, financial and operational reporting, cash funding/international transfers, HR, payroll, and SEC reporting and compliance.
- Oversaw external counsel, extensive experience with investment bankers/private placement funding, road shows, corporate office relocations, contract negotiation, Operational efficiencies, revenue growth – so many accomplishments!
- Titles held after Big 4 Auditor: Internal Auditor, Financial Reporting Manager, Accounting Manager, Division CFO, VP of Finance, Corporate CFO.
- Recruited into Big 4 and assisted in preparation and review of SEC filings, consolidated financial statements, disclosures, footnotes and MD&A.
- Currently with $50M company, supervising staff responsible for all financial data, reporting, analysis by product line, and federal and state compliance.
- Revenue forecasting, variances versus Plan/Forecast and current and past trends, and coordinates annual audits.
- Daily management of all payroll operations, and a key player in implementation from ADP PCPW to GlobalView.
- Executes all aspects of weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, semi-monthly, and daily off-cycle payroll processes.
- Performs quarterly tax balancing and year-end payroll activities and reports, manages client issues, maintains Payroll Run Books, and assists in project planning and writing of functional and technical specifications.
- Additional IT: SAP Payroll and HRIS, Enterprise, ReportSmith, VISIR, Concur.
- BBA Finance, Top-Ranked University, 2009.
- 4 years with an Atlanta CPA firm: supervised Healthcare audits, prepared tax returns, testwork of the balance sheet and income statement, and prepared financial statements with footnotes in accordance with GAAP.
- Experience also includes Accounting Manager in private industry, responsible for analysis of financial results and operational statistics of company subsidiary.
- Analyzed financial and operational data for acquisition candidates and conducted due diligence.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint.
Since 1973 Accountants One has been recruiting exceptional Accounting and Financial Talent. From the perfect Controller to a team of Accounts Payable Clerks, from Audit or Tax Talent to an Interim CFO, from a short-term Accounting Clerk to the next leader of your Finance Department – at Accountants One we pride ourselves on maintaining expertise across the accounting and finance spectrum. The list above is a sample of the candidates our team has recently recruited and interviewed.
The maTch Approach
maTch: A Systematic, Sane Process for Hiring the Right Person Every Time is our best practices approach to hiring as captured in the book by our CEO – Dan Erling. By adhering to this proven hiring methodology our success rate has stayed above 90% for over a decade – as compared to the industry average of 60%. The entire Accountants One team is trained in this impactful approach to hiring. Visit www.danerling.com to learn more about the maTch process.
Areas of expertise
Accountants One has over 40 years of serving the accounting and finance community with exceptional talent.
The top financial management position, accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
One of the top financial management positions in most companies…responsible for all financial reporting to management and regulatory agencies…manage accounting, budgets, cash, treasury and tax…directs risk management.
Compiles and analyzes financial information for an organization. Identifies trends and developments…forecasts…develops revenue/expense analysis, projections, reports and presentations.
Accountable for analysis of process constraints, target costing, margin analysis and calculating costs based on underlying activities.
Works for the entity which he or she audits…verifies the entity’s financial records and procedures…makes recommendations.
Works independently for an external entity to verify financial records and their presentation…usually a CPA.
Specialist in preparing taxes for individuals, private and public companies…creates tax strategies…usually a CPA.
Assists Controller in overseeing organizational accounting functions and all activities related to the budgeting and forecasting of financial data.
Responsible for accounting, budget planning and control, cash management, treasury and tax…manages all financial record keeping.
Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions into the general ledger with little supervision. CPA often preferred…some supervisory duties.
Records, verifies, consolidates and enters transactions into the general ledger with supervision…CPA or CPA track preferred.
Posts entries to the general ledger…experienced in all aspects of the accounting environment, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll…can compile financial statements…management responsibilities.
Manages all aspects of the accounting environment except for completing financial statements.
Accounting Software Specialist
Experienced in accounting software packages, for example: Sage, QuickBooks and JD Edwards…assist in software conversions…also capable of developing Excel spreadsheets or training staff.
Supports accounting operations by filing documents, reconciling statements, entering data into accounting software programs…possesses basic bookkeeping skills…good data entry skills.
Pays employees by calculating pay and deductions…works under the direction of a manager…issues checks…may have experience with union reports.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Clerical Accountant with strength in billing, tracking, collections of accounts due and reconciling conflicts.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounting Clerk profile with experience emphasis in payables…matches source documents…computes discounts…verifies extensions…codes distribution of disbursements…records disbursements…types checks if required.
Data Entry Clerk
Operates 10-key adding machine, calculators (touch)…neatness, speed, accuracy, and good figure sense…usually assists someone else and requires some supervision…light to medium typing skills…familiar with basic bookkeeping techniques…good clerical ability.
Accounting Clerk with experience in inventory costing and extensions…understands methods of accumulating costs of goods or services…analyzes information and keeps detailed costs or inventory records.