Our client, a multi-billion dollar publicly traded company, has engaged Accountants One in their search for a Controller to join their dynamic team. This opening has come about through growth both organically, and through acquisitions. The role maintains objectivity and provides the appropriate level of guidance to process owners in terms of SOX requirements and changes to the control structure that leads to a sustainable and cost effective program for the company.
1. Help develop and maintain the financial reporting control framework that ensures the effort is effective and efficient
2. Analyze financial reporting risks and controls by actively participating in the annual SOX risk assessment / scoping model development
3. Facilitate process updates by working with process owners and identifying major business changes.
4. Work closely with internal and external audit in all aspects of compliance, including the development of efficient control test programs.
5. Support periodic progress reporting, project management meetings and presentations on SOX compliance efforts.
6. Facilitate remediation of internal control deficiencies with the appropriate process owners
7. Support the tracking and coordination of regulatory audits.
8. Research changes to and best practices in SOX compliance and internal controls overall.
9. Lead control process improvement efforts, including key Financial Compliance systems and related SharePoint sites.
- Recent experience in Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong emphasis on business communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and with any of the following a plus (JDE, SAP, Hyperion and SharePoint)
- 7+ years' experience, preferably with Big 4 or Regional public accounting firms or with the internal audit/ internal controls department in a large company environment
- CPA, CIA, or CMA