VP Accounting and Finance
A fast-growth, established real estate and property management company located downtown is looking to add to their senior management team. They have hired Accountants one to help them attract a VP Accounting and Finance with extensive real estate experience. This role reports to the CFO and will be part of a team of Division Controllers helping set the course for the company.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in real estate accounting and finance to include waterfall distributions, fund accounting, and investor reporting for both institutional and high net-worth investors. This is a company that grown through acquisition and is at the final stage of transforming the management team and defining the company culture. This is a great time to join and be part of the team helping define the next few years.
- Owning the partnership and investor reporting function on a monthly and quarterly basis. Managing the calculation of partnership investment returns.
- Preparing waterfall distributions and promote structures
- Investor relations in conjunction with investment reporting
- Oversight of the Investor Management System, an online system.
- Working closely with the CPA firm responsible for tax preparation of assets and investment funds.
- Coordinating distribution of K-1s
- Working closely with external and internal auditors
- Manage month-end close for partnerships and funds
- Manage partnership and fund bank accounts
- Manage banking relationships and reporting
- Financial modeling, forecasting and reporting for management decisions on debt and investing
- CPA required, Masters preferred
- Extensive experience with commercial real estate partnerships
- Investor reporting and distribution calculation
- 10+ years in a management role, great communication and leadership skills