Senior Staff Accountant
Accountants One is hiring a Senior Staff Accountant for a non-profit organization located in Atlanta, Ga. The position is a temp to hire. They will report to the Accounting Manager. They will be responsible for preparing financial reports, general ledger, bank reconciliations etc. Will supervise a few staff accountants.
- Supervise staff accountants. Assist with hiring, supervising and training staff and managing through mentorship, metrics, performance meetings
- Assist with continuous process improvement. Develop new process and procedures.
- Produce month end reports for management as well as deliver ad hoc reports and special projects.
- Participate in work relating to external audits
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President, Finance or Controller
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support.
- Responsible for accounting for revenue, receivables, cash, investments, fixed assets, trusts, and financial reporting as well as other areas, as assigned.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules.
- Ensures that all financial records are maintained in compliance with Foundation policies and US GAAP.
- Assists with the monthly closing process including preparing or reviewing adjusting entries, account reconciliations and analysis, and producing internal financial statements in a timely manner.
- 5-7 years’ experience in accounting and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree with CPA and/or MBA highly desired or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience managing staff with remote management experience a plus
- Experience working in non-profit management is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong written and oral communications; and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment.
- Ability to work proficiently and productively in a team environment to meet organizational goals.
- Ability to recognize and handle confidential documents and information professionally
- Experience working with external vendors and systems
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work setting using technology based programs and platforms