Senior Financial Analyst
This position, which is with a company that has been recognized as one of “America’s Most Promising Companies” by a major business publication, will work closely with senior cross-functional business leaders to provide insightful financial business reporting and analysis to help drive strategic decisions. Will also be a part of a 3 person team and likely be focused on either Customer and Product line profitability analysis or on Supply Chain performance analysis. This person will also have the opportunity to be involved in a broad base of activities outside these two primary focuses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with all aspects of the financial planning process including variance analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare, consolidate and distribute budgets and related reports for department leaders throughout the organization
- Drive in-depth analytics of operational performance to identify key trends and opportunities.
- Partner with leaders to gather metrics and data for Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting and perform analyses
- Responsible for budget vs. actual analysis
- Translate financial data into value added business information enabling leadership to better manage risks, costs, gaps, and identify opportunities
- Support key presentations of financial and business results to senior management
- Participate in management discussion and analysis in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Provide support to the monthly closing process including period performance analytics.
- Create ad hoc analysis and models for various situations for Company initiatives
- Accounting/Finance Degree from an accredited university
- 2-5 years of proven FP&A experience
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Proficient with MS Office, specifically with advanced MS Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, lookup tables, etc.)
- Sage 500 ERP and/or Biznet reporting software experience a plus
- Analytical thinker
- Strong research & problem solving skills