Senior Accountant is needed for one of our clients near Northside Parkway, Atlanta, GA. This person would be responsible for all finance and accounting aspects of their projects, working with directors, equity partners and lendors. Will report to the Assistant Controller.
- Interact directly with lenders and equity partners: o In the preparation of draw requests and capital calls to ensure timely funding. o To prepare monthly excess cash flow calculations as needed.
- Understand project capitalization and waterfall structure.
- Read and understand all project loan documents and operating agreements and prepare property abstracts (summary of key points).
- Prepare monthly financial statements, bank reconciliations and supporting schedules for all entities in ownership structure of each project.
- Handle cash management for each project’s development and construction entities.
- Provide guidance to third‐party property management companies
- Submit required external financial reporting to lenders and equity partners.
- Work with external auditors to complete required financial statement audits, reviews, and agreed upon procedures.
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for properly and in accordance with the operating agreement (acquisitions, dispositions, loan extensions and closings, etc).
- Better understand the business aspects of the projects for analytical and cash flow purposes.
- CPA license required
- Masters degree or Bachelors
- 3 to 5 years experience with 2 years in public accounting
- Real Estate industry a plus.