Accountants One has been contracted to recruit a Senior Accountant for a rising healthcare company. The team is rapidly growing and has an immediate need for someone motivated by change, excited about new opportunities, and ready to hit the ground running meeting deadlines timely and accurately. This is a critical role that will have broad responsibilities and work closely with the Accounting Manager, playing a key role in the integration of merger companies into accounting systems, processes and corporate structure.
- Responsible for general accounting for the company and its acquisition entities.
- Record General Ledger Activity as assigned in month-end close process. Prepare month-end journal entries, both manually and into the system, for a variety of transaction cycles and small entity operations.
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist in automating operational accounting processes such as intercompany entries and monthly allocations within Workday to improve efficiency.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts as assigned on Accounting Close Schedule.
- Research and resolve inquiries from field operations, such as Company Directors and Regional VP’s
- Assist in the preparation of work papers and analytical reports for quarterly and year-end audits.
- Record monthly acquisition entity monthly results until back-end system integrations are complete.
- Perform other projects and duties, meeting department requirements timely and with accuracy.
- 3+ years of public/private general accounting experience
- Must have strong excel technical skills at an intermediate or advanced user level
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Workday experience preferred – ERP system report development or writing experience and general knowledge of business systems and processes.
- CPA or CPA track preferred