A repeat client has hired Accountants One to help them hire a Senior Accountant. This is a rare opportunity to join as a Senior Accountant and to be closely mentored and groomed by the CFO to move into the Controller role. The current controller is a few years from retirement and the CFO will help this Senior Accountant be ready to take that step on the way to eventually being CFO! The company has been in business for over 60 years and offers a very stable and profitable environment. Their benefits are very generous.
The successful candidate MUST have accounting experience for a manufacturing company. The successful candidate must be well-suited for working in a small to mid-size company have the “what do you need from me today” attitude. This is not a large corporate environment. Even as you move in the Controller role it will be a working manager. This is a manufacturing facility along with the corporate offices.
- Perform month-end close and year-end close
- Assist in producing financial statements
- Improve efficiencies and accounting processes, help with a best practices approach to all of accounting and finance
- Work with IT, operations and management to improve internal reporting of KPIs and financial analysis
- Prepare monthly reporting package for management including variance analysis, cost analysis and operational efficiencies
- Assist with external and internal audits
- Maintain fixed assets
- Special projects for the CFO and Controller
- Accounting degree or Finance degree required
- MUST have hands-on, accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Cost accounting experience
- MS Dynamics NAV highly preferred, or similar ERP experience
- Willingness to assist with A/P and A/R when needed
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables