Senior Accountant, Revenue Recognition
Accountants One has been contracted to recruit a Senior Accountant to specialize in Revenue Recognition. The role requires a solid understanding of GAAP and willingness to research and document the application and interpretation of accounting standards and their impacton revenue transactions. The ideal candidate is someone who is self-motivated, proactive, enjoys analytical thinking, has an affinity for writing technical memos, and has strong written and oral communication skills (e.g. can explain technical accounting concepts to non-accountants).
- Perform technical research on revenue recognition; work closely with revenue supervisor to document policies and accounting conclusions.
- Analyze and research revenue accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached. Review sales arrangements to ensure proper recognition in accordance with authoritative literature.
- Work cross functionally with finance, legal, and various business owners on a variety of projects. Advise business owners on the impact of their projects on the Company’s financial statements.
- Participate in and help lead critical revenue accounting projects, including audit readiness and management reporting.
- Assist in defining global revenue processes; work closely with the International team and US Revenue team to define reporting requirements.
- Assist with special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise intern as needed.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP.
- Experience in performing technical revenue research. Experience researching Gross vs Net, Sales Incentives, and Multiple Element Arrangements preferred.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- 3-6 years of professional accounting
- 3+ years public accounting experience. Public and/or Big Four experience preferred.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume saved as a word document to email@example.com