Accountants One has been hired to find a Construction Purchasing Estimator for this growing residential construction company. Located in near Smryna.
- Maintain database of qualified vendors to bid upcoming projects. ” Prepare all data for bid instructions and specifications of all new projects for final review and approval.
- Aggressively negotiate with each vendor to make the best deals for both parties while balancing cost and quality.
- Continually try to reduce the building costs of homes.
- Obtain three or more bids per trade for comparison and back-ups.
- Review and update contract wording as needed.
- Update scopes of work as needed.
- Maintain all archival records of purchasing and costing information.
- Maintain the Design Studio as a first class profit center
- Prepare construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each.
- Create and maintain material takeoffs; identifying qualified trade partners; negotiating price to identify and drive waste out of the process; facilitate bid comparisons, compare to the budget for review and show cost analysis.
- Monitor, verify and update all takeoff change requests from field managers.
- Prepare all data for bid instructions and specifications of all new projects for final review and approval by Director.
- Prepare database to tie option pricing to material takeoffs.
- Pricing of all sales special options.
- Strong financial and technical skills, experience with construction purchasing and scheduling software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel/ construction software
- 5-7 years of experience in the Homebuilding/Residential Construction industry
- Degree in Accounting/Business or Construction
- 5 years responsibility with Residentual
- Construction Management or related discipline or commensurate experience 4 year degree ” Construction management computer applications