Accountants One has been hired by a close client-relationship to help them hire someone for a unique and very important role as a Product Owner. This is a software development company that has products used in processing payroll and client invoicing. The ideal candidate will have worked in a Controller or Accounting Manager role within a staffing or recruiting firm. A “close second” is someone that has a strong background in payroll processing. The Product Owner’s main role is to be an advocate for the end-user of the software.
The successful candidate will be someone able to take their accounting and operational experience from the staffing industry and help improve the product by representing the users. This is a chance to make an already-fantastic product even better by educating the developers what the end-users are actually doing and thinking while using the product.
- Work with the Senior Product Owner to understand and become an export on new product features and tools.
- Provide tactical solutions and suggestions for product defects and “bugs.”
- Work closely with customers and programmers to understand business needs of the end-user, act as a voice for the customer.
- Research new business trends, new technologies, and new legislation or regulations that may impact the software and clients.
- Research and confirm tax compliance for software product upgrades and new products.
- Train internal teams on changes and upgrades.
- Manage and prioritize internal and external product requests.
- Manage relationships with tax and regulatory partners, with an eye on product releases and upgrades.
- Extensive payroll and billing experience
- High preference for experience in a staffing agency handling payroll and billing
- Naturally comfortable driving the process from concept to deployment
- Excellent communication skills, internal and external
- Proven project management skills
- Proven management skills to motivate a team
- Experience with software product development or management preferred
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing Framework and Jira