A long-term manufacturing client has Accountants One to help them recruit a Plant Controller to work with and support the Plant Manager to achieve business goals by providing quantifiable analysis on Plant performance and identify opportunities for improvement. This role will be located in the manufacturing facility also attached to their corporate office. You will have visibility to the Corporate Controller and CFO.
- Perform extensive analysis on provide reporting to corporate management on Plant Operating Metrics
- Perform detailed cost accounting including, labor, machine utilization, shift performance, cost controls, inventory management, etc. to find areas to improve margins
- Support the Plant Manager & Supply Chain in developing & updating monthly production Plan
- Perform variance analysis on a daily, weekly & monthly basis.
- Work with Plant Operating staff to understand and improve processes & workflow including, raw materials processing, inventory management, quality assurance, shipping, and customer service.
- Perform month-end close for the facility, report to corporate
- Prepare journal entries
- Will be responsible for analyzing Plant P&L’s and conducting review with leadership team
- Work with Plant Manager & staff in developing annual Plant Budget
- Observe, analyze, develop and update actual labor cost per line & machine
- Assist with ERP implementation at the Plant level
- Capital expenditure tracking & cost improvement tracking
- Review and improve inventory processes
Position Qualifications –
- Candidate must have an undergraduate degree in business accounting. CPA, and/or CMA a plus.
- 5+ years in Cost Accounting experience in manufacturing industry.
- Experience with ERP Implementation is a plus
- Strong knowledge of internal accounting controls
- Knowledge of plant accounting practices.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Experience with the Food Service industry a plus.