Accountants One is very proud to be partnering with a 40 year-old thriving mid-sized food manufacturer and distributer located on the west side of South Atlanta. This Operations Director role with possible growth to Controller in this successful family business is open due to growth. Integrity, loyalty, and teamwork matter deeply to this work family. Casual environment with an opportunity for work-life balance.
The Operations Director will provide leadership in the areas of production, plant security and safety, OSHA compliance, quality, facilities, and manufacturing areas/departments including final assembly. They will be responsible for working with many areas to ensure consistency in operations and related strategies. Ensures large-scale projects are completed on time, on budget and meet specified quality standards, production requirements and preset goals.
The Operations Director will report directly to the CEO.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall plant operations and effectiveness of the company.
- Accountable for manufacturing costs, quality and production quantities; manage the effective use of production hours, skills, equipment and facilities
- Participate in planning production schedules, requirements and manufacturing controls as related to manufacturing operations
- Work closely with management personnel to develop and implement strategies for operational improvement; ensure efficiency standards for all operations are met
- Responsible for development of capital and other annual budgeting including evaluating the Economic Value Added (EVA) and Return on Investment (ROI) impact of each division; responsible for maintaining and managing established budgets throughout fiscal year to achieve financial goals
- Cost and evaluate new and existing technologies
- Drive cost reduction and continuous improvement concepts and projects to achieve annual goals; monitor and improve employee productivity and effectiveness related to Operations and maintain a commitment to employee involvement
- Manage all aspects of plant safety, security and environmental complianceConsistently administer company rules, regulations and policies
- Perform full range of managerial responsibilities which may include
- but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; EEO/AA; performance management; department budget
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end Production Reports
- Managing and completing annual budget process.
- Managing, safeguarding & tracking Fixed Assets.
- Participating in all audits as necessary.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required