Accountants One has been asked to find a Financial Accountant for a successful manufacturing company in Georgia. This role will assist the Manager of Finance and Accounting by providing company financial planning, production cost, debt financing, budget management and financial closing. This role will also help to ensure that company accounting procedures conform to U.S. GAAP and will work closely with parent company in reporting.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Assist in month-end financial closing processes and reporting including journal entry postings
- Assist and deliver periodic reporting including financial statement, Various category reporting, inter-company reconciliations
- Prepare financial data to support Headquarters and 3rd party requestors.
- Manage budget system including input, review, and approval in the ERP budget system. Review the budget periodically to analyze budget vs. actual variance and future budget needs.
- Assist in formulating and administering budget policies to ensure that all activities affecting the budget are guided by uniform rules and established procedures
- Process month-end sales closing with review of data between company billing and customer sign off.
- Create AR-related journal entries including sales adjustment, warranty claim and price adjustment, and process reconciliation journal entry for AR collection
- Assist product cost calculation using ERP cost module
- Monitor & analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures & use of resources while maintaining high level of accuracy
- Assist business plan which usually starts from September.
- Support ad hoc report requested from manager, head quarter or 3rd party business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control
- Knowledge of GAAP
- ERP experience. SAP experience preferred, but not required
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of financial accounting and cost accounting experience
- Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- May be required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed
- Flexibility to travel domestic US and/or international if needed
- May be required to wear safety Personal Protective Equipment for eyes, face, head, feet, hearing, hands and arms.