Director of FP&A
A leading manufacturer, with several US manufacturing sites, located in east side of Atlanta near I-285 & Hwy 78 is looking for a Director of FP&A who ideally has some prior controller experience in a plant environment.
This position will function as a business finance leader reporting to the CFO and working with the executive team to implement and execute financial and operational strategies, provide business support to functional leadership across the organization, and develop and manage the annual planning process and the ongoing forecasting activities. The position will also manage plant controllers in the key facilities to ensure timely, accurate reporting of operations performance through development of standards, analysis and measurement of variances, and pro-active interaction throughout the facilities.
- Provide financial and business support to the company’s management team in making sound and effective financial decisions, which maximize company sales, improve operations, and drive profitability.
- Oversee development of business systems and processes to effectively forecast revenue and profitability and track performance against targets.
- Manage and improve the evaluation process for new business and pricing proposals including improvements to standard cost development and measurement of other key cost inputs.
- Perform financial modeling in support of business strategy issues with internal/external customers; develop new and improve existing models used for forecasting profitability and cash flows.
- Develop a robust annual planning process, to include annual budgets, monthly forecasting and weekly variance tracking to standards and plans.
- Report on financial metrics, results, financial statements, and prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and management reports as requested.
- 10+ years experience in FP&A, preferably in the manufacturing of consumer products industry and/or food service sector.
- Ideally, someone who has had experience as a controller in a plant, someone who has walked the floor, so to speak.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business required, MBA preferred
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to clearly link financial results to performance drivers, generate alternatives, and drive positive change.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience with database utilization.
- Strong leadership experience managing and developing a team.
- Ability to collaborate and influence decisions across cross-functional teams with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the intellectual curiosity to seek and understand end-to-end processes, acquiring systems knowledge, and identification of the business drivers
- A strong understanding of standard process accounting is essential, and a background in lean manufacturing is a plus.
- Detail-oriented and well organized, with the ability to manage a variety of primary duties as well as actively contribute to new projects. Able to multi-task in a dynamic environment.